Home   /   Resources   /  Reporting to the police


If you have recently been raped or abused, the first important step afterwards is to make sure you are somewhere you feel safe.

If you are unsure what you want to do next, you can go to your nearest Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) where you can receive support in the aftermath of rape or assault and they will offer you a forensic medical examination if you wish.

If you visit a SARC, you do not have to proceed with reporting to the police. SARCs can store forensic evidence until you have decided if to report or to take your report further. They employ specially trained professionals who can give you medical and emotional support as well as guide you through the criminal justice process if you choose to report it to the police. 

If you would like further information on Suffolk’s SARC, then click here.

Latest Tweets

We have an exciting new opportunity for an Outreach Worker (Ipswich & East Suffolk based) to join our outreach team!
Please see the full job description and how to apply here https://t.co/8YvolClzIk
Closing date: Sunday 26th of June 2022 https://t.co/h5lYsngdPx
suffolk_rc photo


CHARITY NO. 1187478
Skip to content